Judge, Supreme Court of Queensland
- Downlands College, Toowoomba
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Queensland
- Judge, Supreme Court of Queensland (2007-)
- President, Bar Association of Queensland (2006-2007)
- Member, Council of the Australian Bar Association (2006-2007)
- Director, Law Council of Australia (2006-2007)
- Vice-President, Bar Association of Queensland (2005-2006)
- Member, Legal Practitioners Admissions Board (2004-2007)
- Member, Management Committee of the Queensland Bar Practice Course (2000-2007)
- Honorary Treasurer, Bar Association of Queensland (1998-2005)
- Member, Council of Bar Association of Queensland (1997-2007)
- Chair, Commission of Inquiry into the Queensland Thoroughbred Racing Industry (2005)
- Appointed Senior Counsel (2000)
- Admitted as a Barrister and a Solicitor of the High Court of Fiji (1994)
- Admitted as a Barrister of the Supreme Court of Queensland (1988)
- Admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland (1987)
Extra Judicial Positions
- Member, Senate of the University of Queensland (2010-)
- President, Kings College Council (UQ) (2009-)
- Chair, Law School Advisory Committee, University of Southern Queensland (2007-2009)
- Member, Commercial Litigation Specialist Accreditation Advisory Committee, Queensland Law Society (2007-)
Alfred Martin Daubney was born on 18 January 1961 in Brisbane, Queensland. He was educated at Downlands College, Toowoomba, and the University of Queensland, graduating Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws (1986). After completing articles, he was admitted as a solicitor in April 1987.
On 19 September 1988, he was admitted as barrister of the Supreme Court of Queensland, and then commenced practice in Brisbane, taking silk on 13 December 2000. In 1994, he was admitted as a legal practitioner in Fiji. He married Rosemary Carmel OBrien on 15 July 1989. They had one daughter. Daubney served as a member of the council (1997) then as honorary treasurer (19982005) vice president (200506) and then president (200607) of the Bar Association of Queensland. He was also a member of the Bar Practice Course management committee (200008), an inaugural member of the Legal Practitioners Admissions Board (200407), a member of the council of the Australian Bar Association (200607) and a director of the Law Council of Australia (200607). In 2005, Daubney conducted a commission of inquiry into the racing industry in Queensland. He co-authored The Company Secretaries Handbook (1990) and Time Limits in Australia (1997).
On 13 July 2007, Daubney was appointed a judge of the Supreme Court of Queensland.
Daubney was made an honorary fellow of the Australian Catholic University in 2007, and serves on the advisory board of its Institute of Legal Studies. He was the inaugural chairperson of the Law School advisory committee of the University of Southern Queensland (200709). In 2009, he was elected president of the Kings College council at the University of Queensland, and in 2010 was appointed as a member of the senate of the University of Queensland.
View Papers by The Honourable Justice Martin Daubney