Judge of the Supreme Court of Queensland
13 July 2007–
The Honourable Justice Martin Daubney was appointed to the Supreme Court of Queensland on 13 July 2007. At the time of his appointment, Justice Daubney was the president of the Bar Association of Queensland.
Justice Daubney is a graduate of the University of Queensland in Arts and Laws. After 18 months practising as a solicitor, His Honour was admitted to the Bar in 1988. In 2000 Justice Daubney was appointed Senior Counsel.
Justice Daubney practised in Queensland as a barrister in both litigation and mediation. From 1994, His Honour was also admitted to practise in Fiji.
In 2005, His Honour chaired the Queensland Thoroughbred Racing Inquiry.
Justice Daubney served on the council of the Bar Association of Queensland for more than 10 years, including as treasurer (1998–2005), vice president (2005–06) and president from July 2006 until His Honour's appointment to the bench. Justice Daubney also held numerous other appointments in professional and charitable organisations.
Justice Daubney’s current and recent appointments include:
- Judges’ Forum, International Bar Association—chair (2014–) and vice chair (2012–14)
- IBA International Judicial Integrity Initiative Expert Panel (2015–)
- Member of the Queensland Law Society Commercial Litigation Specialist Accreditation Committee (2008–)
- Member of the Senate of the University of Queensland (2010–)
- UQ Legislative Committee Chair (2010–)
- Senate Discipline Appeals Committee Chair (2010–)
- UQ Honorary Awards Committee (2014–)
- Fellow of King’s College within the University of Queensland
- President of the King’s College Council (2009–2015)
- Honorary Fellow of Australian Catholic University
- Catholic Archdiocese of Brisbane:
- Member of the Archdiocesan Finance Council (2011–)
- Member of the Archdiocesan Property Committee (2012–)
Further biographical details are available on request.
View papers by, and related to The Honourable Justice Martin Daubney