Judge, Supreme Court of Queensland
Date of Birth
24 October 1962
- Mirani, Mundingburra, Mt Morgan Central, and Beaudesert State Schools
- Beaudesert State High School
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Queensland (1986)
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Queensland (1983)
- Judge, Supreme Court of Queensland (2011-)
- Judge, Land Appeal Court (2011-)
- Ethics Counsellor Qld Bar Association (2010-2011)
- Member Qld Bar Association Council (2009-)
- Appointed Senior Counsel (2006-)
- Trainer Australian Advocacy Institute (2000-)
- Consultant Crown Prosecutor DPP (Qld) Northern Region (1995-2000)
- Crown Prosecutor and Senior Crown Prosecutor DPP (Qld) Southport (1987-1995)
- Admitted as a Barrister (1986)
James Dawson Henry was born on 24 October 1962. He completed his secondary education at Beaudesert State High School before attending the University of Queensland and graduating with a Bachelor of Arts (1983) and a Bachelor of Laws (1986).
Henry was admitted as a barrister of the Supreme Court of Queensland. After admission, he worked at the office of the Queensland Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) as a senior crown prosecutor at Southport (1987-94) and then as Director of Public Prosecutions, Northern Region (1995-2000). In 2000, Henry commenced practice at the bar in Cairns. He took silk and was a member of the Bar Council of the Queensland Bar Association (2009) and chair of the school council of the Cairns State High School (from 2008).
On 12 September 2011, Henry was appointed a judge of the Supreme Court of Queensland. He has served as the Far Northern Judge, based in Cairns. He is also a member of the Land Appeal Court (from 2011).