Date of Birth
05 March 1950
- Judge, Supreme Court of Queensland (2009-2015)
- President, Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (2009-2013)
- Judge, Children's Court of Queensland (2003-2009)
- Judge, Planning and Environment Court (2001-2009)
- Judge, District Court of Queensland (2001-2009)
- Acting Judge, District Court of Queensland (1998)
- Chairman, Queensland Branch of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (2001-2005)
- Founder and Editor, Queensland Bar News (1998-2001)
- Convenor, Bar Association of Queensland Succession Law Committee (1997-2001)
- Member, Bar Association of Queensland Council (1996-2001)
- Lecturer (Estate Litigation), Bar Practice Course (1991-2001)
- Member, Queensland Barristers' Board (1991-1993)
- Appointed Senior Counsel (1999)
- Admitted as a Barrister of the Supreme Court of Queensland (1982)
Extra Judicial Positions
- Book Review Editor, Queensland Lawyer (2002-)
Alan Muir Wilson was born on 5 March 1950 in Brisbane, to Joseph Duncan Wilson, MM, solicitor, and his wife Rita (née Muir). Wilson completed his secondary education at Brisbane State High School. He then worked as a law clerk at Fox Welsh & Wilson in Nambour, Richard O’Brien & Co, and Tully & Wilson. During this period, Wilson completed the examinations required by the Barristers Board for admission to the bar.
On 16 December 1982, Wilson was admitted as a barrister of the Supreme Court of Queensland and commenced practice at the bar in Brisbane, taking silk on 15 December 1999. He married Lynda in 1981, and has two stepchildren, Benjamin and Megan. Wilson was a member of the Queensland Barristers Board (1991–93), a member of the council of the Bar Association of Queensland (1996–2001), the founder and editor of Queensland Bar News (1998–2001), and the book review editor for Queensland Lawyer (2002-09). He was convenor of the succession law committee of the Bar Association and the Law Society (1997–2001), and chairperson of the Society of Trusts and Estate Practitioners (Queensland) (2001–05). Wilson served as an acting judge of the District Court of Queensland on 6 July 1998 - 3 October 1998, and was appointed a judge of the District Court and the Planning and Environment Court on 24 May 2001. Wilson was also appointed a judge of the Children’s Court on 3 July 2003.
On 22 October 2009, he was appointed a judge of the Supreme Court of Queensland and appointed the inaugural president of the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal.
Justice Wilson retired from the Supreme Court of Queensland as and from 27 March 2015.
Complete this request to check if the library contains further biographical details.
View papers by, and related to The Honourable Justice Alan M Wilson SC