The Queensland Sentencing Information Service (QSIS) is a free online resource of sentencing information to assist with the administration of the criminal justice system.
QSIS supports participants in the criminal justice system to achieve consistency in sentencing by making it easy to search, locate and compare Queensland sentencing outcomes.
- Explore comprehensive graphs of sentencing statistics depicting the range of penalties imposed by Queensland courts for Queensland and Commonwealth offences.
- Use the interactive graphs to locate comparable cases for particular offence provisions.
- Get free, immediate access to sentencing remark transcripts – search the unique collection of higher court sentencing remarks for specific offenders or particular types of offences.
- Be alerted to cases where an appeal has been lodged – prominent warning notices draw attention to appeals and include links to appeal outcomes when they are handed down.
- Stay up-to-date with developments in criminal law and practice via the QSIS home page. The QSIS team carefully source relevant current criminal law practice and sentencing news as well as provide links to legislative developments.
There are two levels of QSIS access.
Access to the full QSIS database includes the collection of full text sentencing remark transcripts.
Full access is limited by the requirements of s 19 of the Supreme Court Library Act 1968 (the Act). Australian legal practitioners who practice in criminal law are eligible to apply for full access to QSIS. Other categories of eligible users are set out in s 19 of the Act.
Full access to QSIS can only be granted on receipt of a signed licence agreement.
Apply for full access (PDF, 115KB)
Basic access includes statistical information about Queensland sentencing but excludes the collection of full text sentencing remark transcripts.
Basic access may be granted to anyone who requires sentencing information to assist with the administration of the criminal justice system.
Apply for basic access (PDF, 100KB)
If you have any queries about your eligibility for accessing QSIS, please contact QSIS on email@example.com or 07 3008 8711.